How this is wrong biologically:
1. Reproductive maturity (not actual reproduction) occurs around seven to ten
2. Females breed only every other year, and can wait two years between calves.
3. Gestation can take from 9-18 months.
4. Females give birth to a single calf.
5. Nursing can take more than a year in many species of whale.
6. Japanese fleet harpooned more than 1000 whales in 2008, mostly minke and fin whales, although it dropped plans to cull 50 humpbacks.
7. Less than 3000 fin whales currently remain in that region.
How this is wrong economically:
1. The largest whale is the Blue Whale, which is 374,850 pounds when you measure the largest size (Seven metric tons short of the largest whale ever measured accurately). There are 7,786,640 people in the city of Cairo, the largest city in Africa. If we split a whale this size equally to all the people, each one wouldn’t even get a pound of meat. They wouldn’t even get a tenth of a pound of meat. Each person would get 4% of a pound of meat.
2. Whaling kills off “friendly” whales that aren’t afraid of boats, and thus makes it harder for whale-watching businesses to even get started.
3. Whales aren’t being hunted to be eaten by regular people. Not even all the parts are used. They kill them to sell to the highest bidder as a delicacy.
Or, for the tl;dr version of all of this;
Yeah, this is probably kind of dumb, especially since I can't get it in the form it is on word. Also making fun of Jay Naylor is pretty old.